” or “us
”) when you use our website www.slait.school (“Website
”) and AI-driven digital learning assistant for learning and practicing sign language, which enables end-users to track their progress (“Platform
”) (collectively, “Service
This Website is owned and operated by, or on behalf of, SLAIT.
When you access or use the Service we automatically collect information about you, including:
· Log Files: We gather certain information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Service, and store it in log files. We do not monitor or log data collected from your servers when using the Service, but we may log or monitor information about your access to our Service.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service for purposes of advertising and user authentication. For example, if you create or log into your SLAIT account using your Google Apps credentials via single sign-on, we will have access to certain information such as your name and email address as authorized in your Google Apps profile settings.USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you to:
· Enable you to have full access to the Service;
· Provide, maintain and improve the Service;
· Provide and deliver the Service you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer support;
· Create your SLAIT account and identify you when you sign-in to your account in accordance with your agreement with us;
· Communicate with you about the Service, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by SLAIT and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Service;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of SLAIT and others;
· Personalize and improve the Service and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.SHARING OF INFORMATION
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers we have vetted and approved who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf only to the extent necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is permitted by, in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process such as to comply with a subpoena or applicable court order;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of SLAIT assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
· With analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
· With third-party clients; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We are required to state the lawful basis under which we process the personal data of our users from the European Economic Area (“EEA
”). Accordingly, the lawful bases upon which we process your personal information are as follows:
· Where it is necessary to obtain your prior consent to the processing concerned in order for us to be allowed to do it, for instance in relation to direct marketing, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned;
· Otherwise, we will process your personal data only where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject; or
· For the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us in promoting our business, providing the Service to our customers pursuant to or legal agreements with them, and in ensuring the security, accessibility and improvement of our Website and Platform and the development of new technology and Service.EXTERNAL LINKS
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.LOG-IN FEATURES
. You can control the information that we receive from Google using the privacy settings in your Google account.ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICE PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We allow the following companies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and in applications:
· Google AdWords
· Google Analytics
· Bing ads
· Demand base
We take reasonable steps, including physical, technical and organizational measures, to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted to us.
Your personal information will be retained by SLAIT for the duration of your account and may be retained for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate interests, our terms of agreement with you and in accordance with applicable legal obligations. This may include retention necessary to meet our tax reporting requirements as well as time required to enforce the relevant terms of agreement or to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings.
We may retain a record of your stated objection to the processing of your data, including in respect of an objection to receiving marketing communications, for the sole legitimate purpose of ensuring that we can continue to respect your wishes and not contact you further, during the term of your objection.TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
SLAIT is based in the United States. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you understand that your information will be subject to processing, transfer and storage in and to the U.S. where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.YOUR RIGHTS IN EEA
We are the data controller in respect of personal information of our users based in the EEA.
EEA individuals have rights in relation to their personal data, which is processed by SLAIT. If you are an EEA data subject, you may, by emailing us at email@example.com :
· Request access to the personal data concerned.
· Request that any incorrect personal data about you that we are processing be rectified.
· Request that we erase the personal data concerned.
· Withdraw your consent at any time where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis of your prior consent to that processing, after which we shall stop the processing concerned.
· Lodge a formal compliant with the Information Commissioner in Ireland (or your local EU supervisory authority if you live outside the UK) if you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us.
If the requested EEA data is Customer PI, please include the name of the applicable customer in your request; we will refer the request to that customer to respond directly to you and will support them as needed to respond to your request.YOUR CHOICESAccount Information
Our customers may access, update or change personal information they have provided by logging into the Service or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Subject to the terms of their agreements with us, Customers may deactivate their accounts by emailing us at email@example.com , but note that we may retain certain personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information for a certain period of time.
If you are an individual with whom one of our customers interacts with respect to the Service (e.g., an employee of a customer), as noted above, you should direct any requests regarding access, modification or deletion of personal information to the applicable customer.Cookies
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SLAIT by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.STATE SPECIFIC DISCLOSURESState of California“Controller”
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the CCPA). This section applies only to personal information for which SLAIT acts as a Controller or “business”; it does not apply to personal information for which we act as a Processor or “service provider” on behalf of another entity.Categories of information collected
· To respond to questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries, and to otherwise fulfill individuals’ requests;
· To send information about our current and future Service,
· To analyze and improve our website;
· To enforce the legal terms that govern our business and online properties;
· To comply with law and legal process and protect rights, safety and property; and
· For other purposes requested or permitted by you or by others acting on your behalf as part of your requested Service.
State of California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. We do not “sell” personal information within the meaning of California law.California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may permit you to request that we:
· Inform you of the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed about you for a business purpose; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties to whom we have “sold” or otherwise disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
· Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
· Delete certain information we have about you.
Certain information is exempt from such requests under applicable law. You also may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have certain rights under the CCPA not to be discriminated against for exercising CCPA rights. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request, which may include requesting that you respond to an email that we send to you, or otherwise verifying your name, email address or other information that will help us to confirm your identity.
If you are an agent making a request on behalf of a consumer, you must verify that you are authorized to make that request, which may include requiring you to provide us with written proof that satisfies CCPA requirements, such as an appropriate letter signed by the consumer or a power of attorney. We also may require the consumer to verify their identity directly with us.California Shine the Light Disclosure
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purpose. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.CONTACT US
919 North Market Street, Suite 950,
Wilmington, County of New Castle, Delaware, United States.