Last update: December 5, 2022
Welcome to www.slait.school (together with any related websites, the “Site”
). The Site is owned and operated by SLAIT, Inc. (“SLAIT”
). Through the Site, SLAIT provides AI-driven digital learning assistant for learning and practicing sign language, which enables end-users to track their progress (the “Service
) carefully before using the Site or the Service. By accessing or using the Site or the Service or any of the content on the Site or the Service you agree to be legally bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use the Site, the Service or any of their Content (defined below).
All references to “Customer”
” are to you and you represent that you have the right, power and authority to enter into these Terms.These Terms becomes binding and effective on you upon the earliest of: (1) when you access or use the Services, or (2) when you click an “I Accept,” “Sign up” or similar button or check box referencing these Terms.
- Age Requirements. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Site or the Service; however, children of all ages may use the Service if enabled by a parent or legal guardian.
- Permission by Parent or Guardian. If you are under 18, you represent that you have your parent or guardian’s permission to use the Service. Please have them read these Terms with you. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18, by allowing your child to use the Service, you are subject to the terms of these Terms and responsible for your child’s activity on the Service.
- Accounts. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. SLAIT cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have their own logins under your account). You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process. Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you’d like. You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- SLAIT Content. The Site and the Service contain HTML, applications, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship and other content (collectively, “Content”) of SLAIT or its licensors (“SLAIT Content”). The Site and the Service (including the SLAIT Content) is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret and other laws; and as between you and SLAIT, SLAIT owns and retains all rights in the Site and the SLAIT Content. SLAIT hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to access, display and perform the SLAIT Content (excluding any computer code) solely for your personal, non-commercial use and solely as necessary to access and use the Site and the Service. Except as expressly permitted by SLAIT in these Terms or on the Site or the Service, you may not copy, download, stream, capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, upload, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, publish, broadcast, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use or transfer any SLAIT Content. You may not, either directly or through the use of any device, software, online resource or other means, remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with or circumvent any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice on the SLAIT Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the SLAIT Content.
- Trademarks. The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of SLAIT or other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of SLAIT or such third party.
- Third-Party Services. The Site may make available, or third parties may provide, links to other websites, applications, resources, advertisements, Content or other products or services created, hosted or made available by third parties (“Third-Party Services”), and such third parties may use other third parties to provide portions of the Third-Party Service to you, such as technology, development or payment services. When you access or use a Third-Party Service, you are interacting with the applicable third party, not with SLAIT, and you do so at your own risk. SLAIT is not responsible for, and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to, the Third-Party Services or the providers of such Third-Party Services (including without limitation the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by such Third-Party Service or the privacy practices of any third party). Inclusion of any Third-Party Service or a link thereto on the Site does not imply approval or endorsement of such Third-Party Service. SLAIT is not responsible or liable for the Content or practices of any Third-Party Service or third party, even if such Third-Party Service links to, or is linked by, the Site.
- Compliance with Laws. You represent that, in agreeing to, and performing under, these Terms, you are not violating, and will not violate, any governmental laws, rules, regulations or orders that are applicable to your use of the Site (“Applicable Laws”). Without limiting the foregoing, you represent that, in connection with your performance under these Terms, you shall: (a) comply with Applicable Laws relating to anti-bribery and anti-corruption, which may include the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 and the UK Bribery Act 2010; (b) comply with Applicable Laws administered by the U.S. Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control or other governmental entity imposing export controls and trade sanctions (“Export Laws”), including designating countries, entities and persons (“Sanctions Targets”); and (c) not directly or indirectly export, re-export or otherwise deliver any SLAIT software, content or services to a Sanctions Target, or broker, finance or otherwise facilitate any transaction in violation of any Export Laws. You represent that you are not a Sanctions Target or prohibited from receiving SLAIT software, content or services pursuant to these Terms under Applicable Laws, including Export Laws.
- Payments. Customer agrees to pay all fees charged by SLAIT for Customer’s use of Service in accordance with these Terms (collectively, “Fees”). (a) Fees for Services are set forth on the Pricing Page, located here https://app.slait.school/subscription ; (b) Fees must be paid in U.S. dollars and, at the time the applicable subscription is entered into. If Customer is paying Fees using a credit card or any digital payment method supported by SLAIT, Customer authorizes SLAIT to charge Customer’s account for the Service using that payment method. Customer must keep all information in Customer’s billing account current to ensure that all Fees are charged to the appropriate account and are timely paid. If Customer notifies SLAIT to stop using a previously designated payment method and fails to designate an alternative, SLAIT may immediately suspend use and access to the Service. Any notice from Customer changing Customer’s billing account will not affect charges SLAIT submits to Customer’s billing account before SLAIT reasonably can act on Customer’s request. SLAIT uses a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing, and this intermediary is not permitted to use Customer’s credit card information except in connection with Customer’s authorized purchases. Notice (including email) from SLAIT’s third-party credit card processor declining Customer’s credit card or otherwise relating to Customer’s account will be deemed valid notice from SLAIT. All payments are final, and there will be no refunds of Fees. Payment of Fees might be subject to sales tax in Customer’s state. SLAIT will calculate and collect the sales tax along with the Fees from Customer if so required.
- Global Availability. SLAIT controls the Site from Server IPs: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 hosted in United States, USA offices. If you use this website from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with local Applicable Laws. SLAIT makes no representation that the products and services referenced herein are appropriate, or available, worldwide.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SLAIT, its affiliates and their respective employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debt or expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to any claim, suit, action or proceeding by a third party arising out of or relating to your use of the Site or the Service, breach of these Terms (including any SLAIT policy referenced in these Terms), violation of law, or any Content that you post, upload or cause to interface with the Site, or otherwise transfer, process, use or store in connection with the Site.
- Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND OTHER ITEMS MADE AVAILABLE BY SLAIT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SLAIT ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (i) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF DATA OR INFORMATION POSTED, DISPLAYED, PUBLISHED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD OR USE ON THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, (ii) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, (iii) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR (iv) THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY NOT UNDER SLAIT’S CONTROL.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SLAIT, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICE; AND (b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SLAIT’S CUMULATIVE AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS EXCEED TWO HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($200). THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Termination and Monitoring. 14.1. If you violate these Terms, SLAIT may suspend or terminate your use of the Site or the Service. SLAIT’s right to suspend or terminate your use of the Site or the Service applies even if a breach is committed unintentionally or without your authorization if SLAIT believes that suspension or termination is necessary to ensure compliance with Applicable Laws or to protect the rights, safety, privacy, security or property of SLAIT, its customers or third parties. 14.2. SLAIT reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these Terms or misuse of the Site or the Service. SLAIT has the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content posted, displayed, published or made available for download or use on the Site that SLAIT finds to be in violation of these Terms. SLAIT may report any activity that it suspects violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Such reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer data. SLAIT also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations.
- Service Restrictions. You understand that SLAIT uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service. You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, the Site or SLAIT. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service or the Site, without the express written permission by SLAIT. We may, but have no obligation to, remove accounts that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful or violate any party’s intellectual property or these Terms. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Service customer, SLAIT employee or officer will result in immediate account termination. Technical support is provided only via email. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including any Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Electronic Communications. When you visit the Site or the Service or send emails to SLAIT, you are communicating with SLAIT electronically; and you consent to receive communications from SLAIT electronically. SLAIT will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site or the Service. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that SLAIT provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Modifications. SLAIT may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. By accessing the Site, you agree to the latest version of these Terms. SLAIT reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service or the Site, with or without notice. Prices to the Service, including various Service plans and levels, are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Site or the Service.SLAIT shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service or the Site.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to the choice of law rules of that State. Any legal action or proceeding arising under or relating to these Terms shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New Castle County, State of Delaware, and the parties expressly consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in those courts. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by JAMS, in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.The arbitration shall take place in New Castle County, State of Delaware. The language to be used in the arbitration proceedings shall be English. Nothing contained in these Terms shall deny either party the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in the context of a bona fide emergency or prospective irreparable harm and such an action may be filed and maintained notwithstanding any ongoing arbitration proceeding. BOTH PARTIES KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW) ANY RIGHT THE PARTIES MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING UNDER OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries.These Terms are for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer on any other person any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
- Force Majeure. Neither party hereto shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any condition of these Terms (except for any obligations to make payments), when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by acts of God; flood, fire or explosion; war, terrorism, invasion, riot or other civil unrest; embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of these Terms; or national or regional emergency (each of the foregoing, a “Force Majeure Event”), in each case, provided the event is outside the reasonable control of the affected party, the affected party provides prompt notice to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue, and the affected party uses diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and minimize the effects of such Force Majeure Event.
- Miscellaneous. These Terms constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between the parties and supersede all proposals, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of these Terms. In the event any information posted on the Site or the Service from time-to-time conflicts with any provision of these Terms, the applicable provision of these Terms shall control. Any terms and conditions of any other instrument issued by you in connection with these Terms which are in addition to, inconsistent with or different from these Terms shall be of no force or effect. These Terms do not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and SLAIT. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without SLAIT’s express prior written consent. SLAIT may assign, transfer or sublicense all or any of SLAIT’s rights or obligations under these Terms without restriction. The failure of SLAIT to exercise or enforce any condition, term or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such condition, term or provision. Any waiver by SLAIT of any condition, term or provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any other condition, term or provision. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect. You agree that a printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. SLAIT will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control. Non-English translations of these Terms, if any, are provided for convenience only. In the event of any ambiguity or conflict between translations, the English version is authoritative and controls.
- Contact. Please contact SLAIT at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding these Terms.